9.23.2005

Alias fans unite!!


I discovered today while reading People magazine (did I just actually write that publicly?!) that there is a big chance that Vaughn's character will not be returning to the show this season. I repeat, Vaughn is quite possibly NOT returning to Alias. They killed him off, supposedly.

Do you understand the weight of this??

Are you paying attention??

THIS WOULD BE HUGE. In a terrible way. I can't figure out if ABC or JJ Abrams has a death wish. Or maybe they've been too distracted by the success of Lost to figure out that a show about people lost on an island can only go so far...

I dunno. But I DO know that they are on the verge of losing this fan for sure. But it won't be that easy, because I will be bitter. You can't just take Vaughn from me and except me to take it laying down. I will fight. I will write letters. I will boycott. I will engage in the warfare necessary in these times.

Alias CANNOT survive without Vaughn. Hello, writers, you cannot create one of the greatest characters on the show, and one who has gained such a huge fan base, and then KILL HIM OFF. That's not the way it works.

Sydney's having a baby, for crying out loud. That's enough change for a season, don't ya think?

I'll get off my soapbox for now. But people, if you have any love at all, go to the website above and make your voice heard....

Who knew it would ever come to this??

2 comments:

Carrie said...

So *that's* where y'all are tonight. I just got in about 30 minutes ago, and was wondering where the other 2/3 of the house had gone off to.... say hi to this Vaughn person for me when you find him.

Rebecca said...

Sarah. I realized just now that I haven't read your blog in a longlong time, so I come here, and find that you are (as you know) speaking to my heart. I am so annoyed with Alias this season that we're on a break. My new love is Lost. Alias is nothing to me (or any other female-that-breathes) without Vaughn. I am distressed with you.