9.03.2005

I have a confession

Apparently it is a cardinal sin to not bow down and worship the game of football, specifically the game played by a certain team here in Georgia known as the Bulldogs. I was reminded of my oddity today as I tiptoed into the world of SEC football, watching little bits of The Game on ESPN and joining in on that thing called Tailgating.

There's definitely nothing wrong with it, with the festivities and fun and free-flowing beer and even the game itself.

I'm just not that into it. Blame it on my childhood, growing up in the formative hands of a Latin teacher mother and a Not-Into-Sports-Except-Baseball-Maybe father. Or on my having spent 4 rather developmental undergrad years at a little school in the Midwest.

Whatever it may be, my football appreciation seems to be, at least for the moment, only as developed as my ability to acknowledge that 'Gee, Athens sure does turn into a crazy town on gamedays'.

Maybe I'll convert over the next 2 years. I'm not sure I have a choice...

(Especially, Carrie, if you have anything to with it.) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. mitchell fishing reel Business cards price medical insurance in florida refinancing