4.26.2005

Stream-of-consciousness for you tonight, folks, so be warned. I had a friend call me today that I haven't talked to in a long time, it reminded me how nice it is to be known. And how important community is in the life of a believer...heck, in the life of a person. Easier said than done, however. Less than a week of school. Oh wait, I get to take a Maymester class, then two summer sessions...yay for me. :( Oh wait, I forgot that I actually love everything that I'm studying so I should stop complaining. Oh wait, it's SUMMER. I've gotten immersed in another book, The Brothers K (not to be confused with Dostoyevsky), and I recommend it. Especially for lovers of epics and baseball. Speaking of which, where are all the baseball fans? I mean seriously, I realize it's called America's favorite past time, but come on. And just because I'm at UGA doesn't mean that all must hail the Big Dog. For the love, people, watch a sport that actually matters. OH, I finally got S3 of Alias today, thank you Jessica. Maybe remembering how mad the writers made me in S3 will make up for the less-than-cordial feelings I have for the writers this season. The bangs, it's all about the bangs. And speaking of TV shows, I've been feeling sad that I've fallen of the Smallville wagon, especially when I see ads revealing that I now have no idea what's going on. Maybe I'll tune in a little tomorrow and catch some Lex action. Hhmmm....

Holy mother of pearl it's late. 5:30 hits me like a BRICK every morning, you'd think I'd remember this when entertaining the thought of a late-night post. Alas, it's been real...and that's all she wrote.

1 comment:

Dave said...

if you wanted to catch Lex action, you should have watched two eps ago: good Lex vs. evil Lex. best ep of the season, one of my favorites of the series.

as for confusion from Smallville ads, don't worry, those of us who have been watching all along are often just as confused. the debate now is whether the show has jumped the kryptonite-enhanced shark. I hope not. but last week's awful 'prom' ep does not instill confidence.

all you need to know about this season: Lana is periodically possessed by a witch, and is dating a bad man whose mom is Dr Quinn; all three are after three Kryptonian stones, which are pieces to a puzzle, cosmic power, infinite knowledge, etc.; lex wants it too; clark has to get it first. right now, clark has a piece, lana has a piece, and l's evil boyfriend has a piece. i think.

yeah, we're all confused.